Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dalek in Black and Red

I've gotten to the shoulders on my niece's Dalek (Red on Black) and the dwindling amount of black yarn is worrying me. After a little pondering, I have decided to base the shoulders on the "Doctor Who and the Daleks" version as it will allow me to use red and preserve the black for the Head.

You can see some Blender Models of the Movie Daleks- both "Dpctpr Who and the Daleks" and "The Dalek Invasion of Earth 2150 AD" versions- on the Blender Who site.

Here's the Movie Poster:
Oh, 1960s, your movie posters are always lolarious.

If that isn't amusing enough, here's the associated action figure:


(If you have decided that you really, really want one of these, DoctorWhoCollector.com has them for 33.99 GBP, or approx $49.18 USD. Because nothing says geek like spending $50 on a toy you will never take out of the box.)

I did have to frog this thing once already, but I'm far enough that frogging it again would lead to tears. (Also: bobbles are not a friend to my hands in even the most remote of considerations. OW.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you're a crafter too?!?!? My new hero!! **yay** I used to spend *all* my free time crafting, but I'm a mommy two to (perfect) kids with extra needs, so am too busy running around after them to pick up my needles, hooks, or plug in my sewing machine.. :( One day though, I know I'll get back to it. And in the meantime? The hiatus is *definitely* worth it.

    ReplyDelete